LEE Filters Seven5 Little Stopper 6-Stop ND Filter
At six stops, the Little Stopper is ideal for those low-light conditions at the beginning and end of the day (when the Big Stopper's ten stops may prove too much), allowing you to enjoy increased flexibility with exposure lengths. In many shooting conditions, this means that detail and texture in areas of movement such as the sky and water would be retained, while still conveying a sense of time passing.
The LEE Little Stopper is a long-exposure filter that allows you to extend the exposure by approximately six stops, permitting either a longer shutter speed or a wider aperture – or a combination of the two. In the past, such long exposures have been problematic because of the potential for light leaks, but the Little Stopper features a foam gasket which fits firmly against the filter holder and ensures that a light tight seal is achieved.
Manufactured from high-quality glass, the Little Stopper fits the LEE Seven5 Filter Holder, so it can be used with a variety of lenses and even in conjunction with other types of filters, such as neutral density graduated filters.
How to use the Little Stopper:
- Compose your image before fitting the Little Stopper;
- Take a meter reading without the filter in place, and set your desired aperture and shutter speed;
- Use the exposure tables to find the correct exposure. Your filter will have come with a printed exposure table;
- With the Little Stopper inserted into the slot nearest the lens, attach the filter holder as usual and make your exposure; and
- Always use the sturdiest tripod you can when making long exposures, and take care not to knock the camera or tripod. Cover your viewfinder before releasing the shutter to avoid light encroaching onto the sensor or film and causing flare.
The Little Stopper comes in a black canvas pouch and includes an easy to use exposure guide.